Type I Steel Safety Cans
(Red for flammables, yellow for diesel, blue for kerosene, green for oils)
- Fully compliant – meets OSHA and NFPA Code 30 for the safe storage of flammables
- Passed independent rigorous testing – FM approved, UL/ULC listed, and TÜV certified. All are accepted under CARB.
- Full-length, chemically resistant stainless steel flame arrester dissipates heat to prevent flashback ignition. Longer length allows easy, secure placement of gas nozzle.
- Leakproof, positive pressure-relief cap automatically vents to prevent rupture or explosion
- Self-closing lid controls vapors and spills
- Premium 24-gauge coated steel body and handle offer maximum durability and chemical resistance.
- Large ID Zone identifies contents to reduce misuse or to designate department, shift or crew
- Rounded steel comfort handle doesn’t cut into hand.
- Large 1/2" (13mm) grip lip along bottom helps support pouring
- Reinforcing ribs strengthen sidewalls for extra “bumper-guard” protection
- Double-lock seams provide four thicknesses of steel to guard against bumps and bangs
- Durable, high-gloss powder paint resists solvents, corrosion and humidity
- Trilingual warning label is in English/Spanish/French
- 100% tested to guarantee leakproof construction
- Quality is backed by exclusive Ten-Year Warranty.
Type I Safety cans are easy to fill and use–the economical choice for flammables!
You may download a PDF of this by clicking here
Designed with a single spout for filling and pouring, the sealed lid features automatic positive-pressure relief that vents between 3 and 5 psig (0.2 and 0.35 bar) to guard against rupture or explosion.
Made from high-grade coated steel, each can is tested to guarantee 100% leakproof construction. The tough powder-coat finish resists chemicals and stands up to demands of rigorous use. Each Justrite safety can is equipped with a stainless steel flame arrester which dissipates heat to stop flashback ignition. Cans up to 1 quart (1L) feature a trigger-release handle, while larger capacities have a swinging handle to greatly ease carrying of heavier loads.
Use a Type I safety can funnel to pour into smaller openings. This polypropylene funnel attaches to the spout neck of Type I Safety cans that are sized 1-gallon (4L) and larger. The two-position funnel folds down for when you fill or store the can, and stays up for when you pour. Large rounded bowl provides protection from splashing and spillage. Durable construction holds up to heavy use. See this product here.
Choose the right color safety can to meet your need. To learn more, click here.